Health Science & Technology I Blizzard Bag I
Professionalism is an integral part of being successful in the workplace. When you've gone to the doctor's office you've been in an environment that requires professionalism of its employees.
In dealing with the public it is especially important to be professional - but what does that mean?
For this assignment think about qualities of professionals you've seen in the workplace, and answer the following questions.
1. What are 5 characteristics of a professional?
2. Think of a time when you were in an environment where you expected to someone to be professional
and they weren't. Describe what happened, and then describe how their actions affected you.
3. What are things that could've affected this persons behavior? Put yourself in their shoes, imagining that
that the reason they acted unprofessionally was due to some bad news about a close relative. Maybe,
they also needed to come to work because they hadn't been there long enough to take a sick day.
Describe some skills or techniques that would help them to get through the day. Name at least three.
4. Imagine that you are going for a college interview. Name 5 things you need to do for the admissions
counselor to think of you as a strong candidate
5. What are some things you can do to prepare for this interview. Be prepared to discuss your answers to
these questions in class.